Guided tours of the Royal Palace
The Royal Palace in Oslo is open to the public during the summer. All visitors must follow a guided tour.
The 2015 season lasts from 23 June until 16 august 2015.
Tickets are usually available from early in March.
During the season, guided tours in Norwegian are given every day at the following times:
- All days except Friday: 11:00-17:00
- Friday: 12:00-17:00
But please note:
Friday 3 july: 13:00 - 17:00
Monday 20 July: 13:00 - 17:00
The tours last about one hour and begin every 20 minutes.
Guided tours in English
During the season, guided tours in English are given:
- All days at 12:00, 14:00, 14:20 and 16:00.
During the season, tickets may be purchased at Narvesen, 7-Eleven, through billettservice.no (ticketmaster), or by calling +47 815 33 133. Any remaining tickets are sold at the entrance before each tour.
For booking a guided tour for a private group, please write to email@example.com or call +47 815 33 321.
(including ordering fees)
- Adults: NOK 95
- Children, seniors and students: NOK 85
- Children under 3: free admission
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 85 per person.
Please note that photography is not permitted inside the Royal Palace or in the courtyard.
Rooms on the tour
The guided tour takes visitors through some of the most beautiful state rooms in the Royal Palace:
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
- The Palace Chapel
If in need of further information, please contact
- Maisen Bonnevie (+47) 22 04 88 20 (e-mail: maisen.bonnevie[at]slottet.no)
- Nina Høye (+47) 22 04 89 52 (e-mail: nina.hoie[at]slottet.no)
- Practical information: the Royal Palace (Artikkel)
- The Vestibule (Artikkel)
- The Bird Room (Artikkel)
- The Council Chamber (Artikkel)
- The Family Dining Room (Artikkel)
- The Banqueting Hall (Artikkel)
- The Great Hall (the Ballroom) (Artikkel)
- The Palace Chapel (Artikkel)