Guided tours of the Royal Palace
The Royal Palace in Oslo is open to the public during the summer. The 2013 season is from 22 June - 12 August. Tickets are available from 1 March. All visitors must follow a guided tour.
During the season, guided tours in Norwegian are given every day at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 11.00-17.00
- Friday, Sunday 13.00-17.00
- The Palace is closed to the public 4 July
The tours last about one hour and begin every 20 minutes.
Guided tours in English
During the season, guided tours in English are given:
- Monday-Thursday and Saturday: 12.00, 14.00 and 14.20
- Friday and Sunday: 14.00, 14.20 and 16.00
During the season, tickets may be purchased at Narvesen, any Norwegian post office, 7-Eleven, through billettservice.no (ticketmaster), or by calling +47 81 53 31 33. Any remaining tickets are sold at the entrance before each tour.
For booking a guided tour for a private group, please write to grupper[at]billettservice.no.
(including ordering fees)
- Adults: NOK 95
- Children, seniors and students: NOK 85
- Children under 3: free admission
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 85 per person.
Rooms on the tour
The guided tour takes visitors through some of the most beautiful state rooms in the Royal Palace:
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
- The Palace Chapel
If in need of further information, please contact
- Maisen Bonnevie (+47) 22 04 88 20 (e-mail: maisen.bonnevie[at]slottet.no)
- Nina Høye (+47) 22 04 89 52 (e-mail: nina.hoie[at]slottet.no)