Guided tours of the Royal Palace
The Royal Palace in Oslo is open to the public during the summer. All visitors must follow a guided tour.
The 2016 season lasts from 18 June - 14 August.
Tickets are available from early in March.
During the season, guided tours in Norwegian are given every day at the following times:
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00-17:00
- Friday: 12:00-17:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 10.00 - 17.00
But please note:
Tuesday 21 June: 12.00 - 17.00
Monday 4 july: 13:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 20 July: 13:00 - 17:00
The tours last about one hour and begin every 20 minutes.
Guided tours in English
During the season, guided tours in English are given:
- All days at 12:00, 14:00, 14:20 and 16:00.
During the season, tickets may be purchased at Narvesen, 7-Eleven, through billettservice.no (ticketmaster), or by calling +47 815 33 133. Any remaining tickets are sold at the entrance before each tour.
For booking a guided tour for a private group, please write to email@example.com or call +47 815 33 321.
For the 2016 season the ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults: NOK 135
- Children (3-12 years old), seniors and students: NOK 105
- Children under 3: free admission
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 105 per person.
The prices listed inklude an ordering fee.
A small number of tickets are available at the door. Please note that these tickets sell out quickly.
Please note that photography is not permitted inside the Royal Palace or in the courtyard.
Rooms on the tour
The guided tour takes visitors through some of the most beautiful state rooms in the Royal Palace:
- Cabinet Cloakroom
- Cabinet Parlour
- Council Chamber
- White Parlour
- King Haakon VII Suite
- Upper Vestibule
- Bird Room
- Mirror Hall
- Family Dining Room
- Small Ceremonial Hall
- Great Hall
- Banqueting Hall
If in need of further information, please contact
- Maisen Bonnevie (+47) 22 04 88 20 (e-mail: maisen.bonnevie[at]slottet.no)
- Nina Høye (+47) 22 04 89 52 (e-mail: nina.hoie[at]slottet.no)