Guided tours of Oscarshall
Oscarshall summer palace is open to the public during the summer season. The 2016 season ended 11 September.
The main season 2016 lasted from from 13 May until 28 August. From then on, it was open on weekends until 11 September.
Opening hours during the season
During the season, the opening hours are:
- Wednesday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00.
- Monday - Tuesday: Closed.
Tours start every hour. The last tour starts at 16:00.
Due to closed events, Oscarshall may be closed to the public. These dates will be announced.
- Oscarshall will be closed 17 May - Constitution Day.
- On 20 August there will be no guided tours before 14:30.
- On 27 August there will be no guided tours, but the gallery and the surrounding park is open.
Tours in English
Oscarshall unfortunately do not have regular guided tours in English. However, we do our best to adapt the tours to the English speaking audience.
We also offer booklets with information in English. Guided tours in English for closed groups are admitted in the season by appointment.
- Liv Bog: liv.bog[at]slottet.no or mobile 952 86 155
- Oscarshall (during opening hours): 917 02 361
- Fax: 22 04 87 83
The tour of Oscarshall is a guided tour of the main rooms:
- The vestibule
- The Salon
- The dining hall
- The King's appartment
- The Queen's appartment
The visitors are free to walk in the palace park after the tour.
Galleri Dronning Joséphine
All visitors to Oscarshall summer palace may also visit the Queen Joséphine Gallery, which was officially opened by Queen Sonja on 13 June 2013. Visitors may also visit the gallery without also visiting the summer palace, free entry.
The café is located in the same building as the gallery and features both indoor and outdoor seating. The café is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and is operated in cooperation with Norsk Folkemuseum.
During the season, tickets are available in the museum shop to the right of the main building.
- Adults: NOK 70
- Seniors: NOK 60
- Children: NOK 40
- Escorts of persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge.
- Tickets reserved in advanced for private groups of 30 persons: NOK 2,000.
Public transport for Oscarshall:
- Bus no 30 to "Bygdø kongsgård" or "Norsk Folkemuseum"
- The Bygdøy ferry to "Dronningen".
There is no parking available for buses or private cars at Oscarshall, apart from for persons with disabilities driving cars with tokens.